Research and Source Building Internship
Posted: April 29, 2019
LOOKING FOR INTERNS WHO SET THE STANDARD
Capital Public Radio, the NPR member station in Sacramento, California, is looking for inspired, multi-tasking go-getters who are eager to join our news team.
As an intern, you are an integral part of the news team and work under the direction of the Managing Editor.
The Research and Source Building intern is a professional level position. This is a non production position. While you will work with reporters, producers and the managing editor to inform projects across platforms, reporting is not the primary purpose of this internship.
Main duties and necessary skills
- Assists in the function of the newsroom including, but not limited to, answering phones, proofreading copy
- Researches topics, gathers historical information for Content production
- Provides executive administrative newsroom support
- Under direction of the Managing Editor for News, leads source building project
- Professional competency in written and spoken English
- Strong writing ability, including experience with AP style
- Ability to work efficiently on strict, tight deadline
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Professional phone and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with social media
- Our interns must be students. Internships run approximately a semester and we require at least 2 days/16 hours per week.
You will be stepping into a highly productive newsroom. Our reporters and producers are consistently recognized and awarded for excellence in reporting and broadcasting. We are very proud to have past interns on our current staff.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
Your cover letter must include:
- The name of your college or school.
- Your graduate or undergraduate academic area(s) of study.
- Name and contact information of your academic or internship advisor.
In addition, please include responses to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in an internship at Capital Public Radio?
- How do your classes and work experience relate to the internship position you are applying for?
- What do you hope to gain from your internship?
- How do you plan to use the skills you develop at Capital Public Radio in the future?
- Please provide a current resume.
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95826