Posted: April 29, 2019
LOOKING FOR INTERNS WHO SET THE STANDARD
Capital Public Radio, the NPR affiliate in Sacramento, California is looking for inspired, multi-tasking go-getters who are eager to join our news team.
As a podcast intern, you are an integral part of the podcast team and work under the direction of the podcast producer and Managing Editor.
The Podcast Intern is professional level newsroom position.
Main duties and necessary skills:
- Assists podcast producer in all functions
- Professional competency in written and spoken English
- Strong writing ability, including experience with AP style
- Clear understanding of writing for podcast, broadcast, web
- Audio editing proficiency
- Ability to work efficiently on strict, tight deadline
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Professional phone and interpersonal skills
- If called upon, may assist in the function of the newsroom including, but not limited to, answering phones, proofreading copy, assisting reporters
- Familiarity with social media
You will be stepping into a highly productive newsroom. Our reporters and producers are consistently recognized and awarded for excellence in reporting and broadcasting. We are very proud to have past interns on our current staff.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and supporting materials.
- Our interns must be students. Internships run approximately a semester and we require at least 2 days/16 hours per week.
To apply, please submit the following:
1. Cover Letter
Your cover letter must include:
The name of your college or school.
Your graduate or undergraduate academic area(s) of study.
Name and contact information of your academic or internship advisor.
In addition, please include responses to the following questions:
Why are you interested in an internship at Capital Public Radio?
How do your classes and work experience relate to the internship position you are applying for?
What do you hope to gain from your internship?
What can Capital Public Radio hope to gain from you?
How do you plan to use the skills you develop at Capital Public Radio in the future?
2. Please provide a current resume.
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95826