Fill-in Music Host
Posted: April 12, 2019
Status: Part Time, Non-Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
We are hiring for the position of Fill-in Music Host. This is an extraordinary opportunity to work in a creative environment in one of the most vibrant and beautiful parts of the country, Northern California. As an industry leader in public radio, we work to inform and empower our listeners through excellent storytelling and community engagement. Together, we build an epic workplace where anything is possible. We embrace change and encourage innovation. We bring our passion and have fun. Above all, our audience comes first.
As the Fill-in Music host you engage listeners with a knowledgeable, personable and entertaining approach on the air.
- Host 4-hour weekday or 5-hour weekend “Excellence in Jazz” air shift as scheduled
- Input playlist information to CapRadio website CMS live during air shifts
- Conduct research about the artists and the music in advance of each shift
- Other duties, as assigned
Essential skills and experience:
- Good diction and professional on-air delivery
- Comfortable running audio mixing console for live and recorded shifts
- Solid knowledge of the jazz genre, composers, musicians, and related information
- Basic computer proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Accepts and implements tips and direction from supervisor
- Commitment to public radio mission and values
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Submit cover letter, resume, and audio or print reporting samples to: email@example.com
7055 Folsom Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.