Posted: April 4, 2019
Department: Digital Products
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
We are hiring for the position of Web Developer. This is an extraordinary opportunity to work in a creative environment in one of the most fascinating and beautiful parts of the country, Northern California. As an organization we believe that audience comes first and that anything is possible. We embrace change and encourage innovation while building an epic workplace. Together, we bring our passion and have fun.
Duties and Responsibilities
As the CapRadio Web Developer you manage and develop applications related to the digital delivery of content on digital platforms including CapRadio websites, mobile applications, data feeds and intra-departmental systems. You serve as systems administrator for web server and database systems, working closely with other station departments as necessary. You create software applications to support mission objectives, and design work flows and procedures to maximize efficiency.
Your duties include:
- Consuming third-party APIs into custom interfaces and end points
- Creating queries and models to augment the content management system
- Creating ETL services and executables to improve internal workflow efficiency
- Configuring, maintaining, and supporting distribution pathways, including RSS feeds and media storage
- Responding to technical support requests from listening audience
- DBA for web databases
- SysAdmin for web servers
You are collaborative by nature with an aptitude for cultivating positive relationships. You are a self-starter with a professional demeanor, creative, and able to juggle projects simultaneously with poise, a positive attitude, and an appropriate sense of humor. Your organizational and time management skills are excellent, coupled with the proven ability to work independently to problem solve, set priorities and manage deadlines. You are cool headed, solutions oriented, and have a glass half full personality that sees possibilities beyond the obstacles.
Desired qualifications, experience, and characteristics
- Visual Studio, ASP.NET, C# .NET, MVC, T-SQL
- Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server
- AJAX, Web Services, Web API
- XML (XPath 1.0), ETL, JSON
- Powershell, Batch scripting, regex
- This position requires you to work from our Sacramento office with the possibility of working from home 20% of your time.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
In your cover letter you can include any information you think is pertinent, but three things we'd especially like to know are:
- What attracts you to CapRadio and this position?
- What work experience and/or educational background makes you the right person for the job?
- What do you like to do on your own time when you're not working?
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer