Posted: April 4, 2019
Department: Digital Products
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
We are hiring for the position of Front-end Developer. This is an extraordinary opportunity to work in a creative environment in one of the most fascinating and beautiful parts of the country, Northern California. As an organization we believe that audience comes first and that anything is possible. We embrace change and encourage innovation while building an epic workplace. Together, we bring our passion and have fun.
Duties and Responsibilities
As the CapRadio Front-end Developer you implement interfaces related to the digital delivery of content on digital platforms including CapRadio websites. You work closely with the UX/UI designer and back-end developer to bring new features and templates to life.
Your duties include:
- Creating templates and defines reusable macros in the content management system (CMS) for use by content producers
- Collaborating with content creators to build interactive components and micro-sites
- Creating stationery and templates for mass emails; facilitates and supports workflows that ensure responsive messages through email platform
- Responding to technical support requests from listening audience
- Posting static content to the website via the CMS
You are collaborative by nature with an aptitude for cultivating positive relationships. You are a self-starter with a professional demeanor, creative, and able to juggle projects simultaneously with poise, a positive attitude, and an appropriate sense of humor. Your organizational and time management skills are excellent, coupled with the proven ability to work independently to problem solve, set priorities and manage deadlines. You are cool headed, solutions oriented, and have a glass half full personality that sees possibilities beyond the obstacles.
Desired qualifications, experience, and characteristics
- Razor, MVC
- (Consume) AJAX, Web Services, Web API
- JSON, XML (XPath 1.0)
- HTML5, CSS3
- Problem solver and lifelong learner
- Detail oriented
- This position requires you to work from our Sacramento office with the possibility of working from home 20% of your time.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
In your cover letter you can include any information you think is pertinent, but three things we'd especially like to know are:
- What attracts you to CapRadio and this position?
- What work experience and/or educational background makes you the right person for the job?
- What do you like to do on your own time when you're not working?
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer