State Government Reporter
Posted: September 13, 2018
Status: Full Time; Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
We are hiring for the position of State Government Reporter. This is an extraordinary opportunity to work in a creative environment in one of the most vibrant and beautiful parts of the country, Northern California. As an industry leader in public radio, we work to inform and empower our listeners through excellent storytelling and community engagement. Together, we build an epic workplace where anything is possible. We embrace change and encourage innovation. We bring our passion and have fun. Above all, our audience comes first.
The State Government Reporter enterprises, writes and produces cross-platform content for CapRadio News and the statewide Capital Public Radio Network (CPRN). The State Government Reporter works directly with the Senior News Editor on daily and long-term coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or in a related field, or equivalent work experience for at least five years. Public radio and political reporting experience ideal.
- Advanced reporting abilities; must be able to produce material of NPR style and quality.
- Advanced writing abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex subject matters.
- Strong team player with an ability to work across departments
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and give attention to detail.
- Highly computer literate – including excellent skills with Microsoft Windows operating system, Microsoft Office
- Experience with Adobe Audition or Pro Tools audio-editing software is preferred
- Commitment to company values.
- Position is based in Sacramento, but travel will be required.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle and California driver’s license.
Submit cover letter, resume, and audio or print reporting samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
7055 Folsom Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.