Posted: August 28, 2018
LOOKING FOR INTERNS WHO SET THE STANDARD
Capital Public Radio, the NPR affiliate in Sacramento, California, is looking for inspired, multi-tasking go-getters who are eager to join our news team.
As an intern, you are an integral part of the news team and work under the direction of the Managing Editor.
The Newsroom Intern is a professional level position.
Main duties and necessary skills
- Assists with breaking news; phone interviews; MOS, reporter 2-ways
- Assists in the function of the newsroom including, but not limited to, answering phones, proofreading copy, researching and pitching stories
- Professional competency in written and spoken English
- Strong writing ability, including experience with AP style
- Clear understanding of writing for broadcast, web
- Audio editing proficiency
- Ability to work efficiently on strict, tight deadline
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Professional phone and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with social media
- Our interns must be students. Internships run approximately a semester and we require at least 2 days/16 hours per week.
You will be stepping into a highly productive newsroom. Our reporters and producers are consistently recognized and awarded for excellence in reporting and broadcasting. We are very proud to have past interns on our current staff.
To apply, please submit the following:
1. Cover Letter
Your cover letter must include:
The name of your college or school.
Your graduate or undergraduate academic area(s) of study.
Name and contact information of your academic or internship advisor.
In addition, please include responses to the following questions:
Why are you interested in an internship at Capital Public Radio?
How do your classes and work experience relate to the internship position you are applying for?
What do you hope to gain from your internship?
What can Capital Public Radio hope to gain from you?
How do you plan to use the skills you develop at Capital Public Radio in the future?
2. Please provide a current resume.
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95826