Posted: August 28, 2018
Capital Public Radio, the NPR affiliate in Sacramento, California is looking for inspired, multi-tasking go-getters who are eager to join our news team.
The ideal candidate is a quick learner and passionate about creating thoughtful and engaging journalism online. Yes, we're a public radio station, but if you know how to take photos or videos, code, work with data, or want to learn those things, we want to hear from you.
The Digital News Intern is a professional-level newsroom position.
Main duties and necessary skills:
- Assist with production of content for CapRadio.org and other digital platforms
- Copyedit, factcheck and post stories to our website
- Assist digital team with CapRadio social media accounts
- Conceptualize, pitch and write stories for CapRadio.org
- Interest in digital journalism and current events
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Strong writing ability, including experience with AP style
- Multimedia experience, including creating and editing photo, video or audio
You will be stepping into a highly productive newsroom. Our reporters and producers are consistently recognized and awarded for excellence in reporting and broadcasting. We are very proud to have past interns on our current staff.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and supporting materials.
Our interns must be students. Internships run approximately a semester and we require at least 2 days/16 hours per week.
To apply, please submit the following:
1. Cover Letter
Your cover letter must include:
The name of your college or school.
Your graduate or undergraduate academic area(s) of study.
Name and contact information of your academic or internship advisor.
In addition, please include responses to the following questions:
Why are you interested in an internship at Capital Public Radio?
How do your classes and work experience relate to the internship position you are applying for?
What do you hope to gain from your internship?
What can Capital Public Radio hope to gain from you?
How do you plan to use the skills you develop at Capital Public Radio in the future?
2. Please provide a current resume.
3. Supporting Material (optional)
Submit cover letter, resume and any required supporting materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95826