Chief Technology Officer
Posted: July 23, 2018
Status: Full Time; Non-Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
In support of CapRadio’s mission and strategic vision, Capital Public Radio is recruiting a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is responsible for the planning, management and overall supervision of the Engineering/IT, Operations, and Web departments. The CTO will act as a technology strategist who will work with CapRadio’s senior management to develop and implement a technology vision that advances the interests of the organization, ensures the continuity of all CapRadio operations, supports multiplatform content creation, embraces external partnerships and collaborations, and integrates CRM into all facets of the organization.
This CTO will lead a team that fosters mutual respect and cooperation, sound business practices, cost effectiveness and accountability. The mandate for this officer will be to ensure that CapRadio-wide daily operational requirements are fulfilled to include: IT network integrity, production operations and systems, broadcast distribution integrity and digital distribution integrity among others.
The CTO will work with CapRadio’s senior leaders to help drive decision-making on all matters related to business planning and integration of CapRadio’s technology vision. They need to take in a large volume of information and distill it into the essential elements that define the core problems to be solved. The CTO will have the ability to organize teams to address strategic issues and to communicate to a group why they should share a common vision.
Ideal candidates will feel a connection with CapRadio’s public service mission and will be experienced across a range of digital media technology systems and engineering functions including broadcast production and distribution.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- 15 years experience in a production/broadcast/digital environment including 5 years in an executive level technology leadership position.
- Currently in a technology and operations leadership role with experience with digital audio/video formats and technology for mobile and emerging platforms.
- Should have strong knowledge of broadcast, information technology and digital technologies employed in the industry.
- Proven experience in managing a technology and operations function from a financial and managerial point of view.
- Strong operational background and ability to design broadcast production systems and processes.
- Ability to implement excellent customer service based processes.
- Hands-on experience in attracting and retaining innovative, technologically savvy talent.
- Negotiation experience with clients, vendors, and technology business partners.
- Experience in major enterprise level technology construction or renovation projects is desirable.
- Exposure to broadcast, digital media, news or other content-related industry is desirable.
- Prior experience in public media is a plus.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience required. Postgraduate degree in engineering, computer science or business administration is preferred.
Personal Characteristics Desired:
- A pragmatic, collaborative, team-oriented leader with highly developed relationship building skills; adept as an influencer and consensus builder.
- An unquestioned reputation for integrity and ethics; a strong character that will quickly gain the trust of others.
- Creative, versatile, intuitive, and driven; mission oriented.
For position responsibilities click here.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.