Public Radio Experience (P.R.E) Internship
Posted: June 12, 2018
SAC STATE STUDENTS ONLY
Apply by Tuesday, September 4 at 5pm
Capital Public Radio in collaboration with California State University, Sacramento Associated Students, Inc. seeks a bright, dynamic and motivated intern who wants to gain hands-on, resume-building experience in public radio.
P.R.E interns provide administrative and production support to various departments. Interns will have an opportunity to work in the department in which they have most interest in and actively participate in CapRadio activities while engaging with staff and community partners. Interns will have an opportunity to shadow and work on projects for programs such as Insight, The View From Here, and assist Nick Brunner from Hey, Listen!
You must be a student at Sac State and meet the following criteria:
- Good academic standing with the University at the time of application.
- Students must have completed at least one semester at CSUS at time of application
- Undergraduate students must hold at least a 2.5 Grade Point Average (GPA); Graduate students must hold at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Students must be available to intern for at least 12 hours a week, for one academic semester.
Upon completion of the internship, the student will present a portfolio or report of his or her work to the CapRadio Internship Coordinator and the ASI Board of Directors.
To apply for an internship, submit the following items to Capital Public Radio. Interviews for finalists will be set up after these materials are received.
Your cover letter should include:
- Sac State Student ID number
- What internship opportunity you are applying for.
- The name of your college or school.
- Your graduate or undergraduate academic major and/or minor.
In addition, please include your responses to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in an internship at Capital Public Radio?
- How do your relevant classes and work experience relate to the internship position you are applying for?
- What do you hope to gain from your internship?
- What can Capital Public Radio hope to gain from you?
- How do you plan to use the skills you develop at Capital Public Radio in the future?
Please provide a current resume.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95826
NOTE: Even though it is not a requirement, students wishing to obtain academic credit hours applied towards their degree, program or concentration, should contact their college and/or academic department for further requirements.