Posted: April 26, 2018
Capital Public Radio seeks an enthusiastic, motivated Marketing Intern to assist the Director of Marketing with social media management, content writing, creative brainstorming and event management, all while learning the basics of media marketing. The work done by the intern will contribute directly to the growth of Capital Public Radio’s audience. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about basic marketing strategy, brand management, communications, implementation, and evaluation.
- Experienced with Microsoft office suite, social media, basic graphic design
- Written communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Passion for the marketing or journalism industries
- Experience making phone calls to business professionals
- Content calendar management a plus
- Create social assets and craft clever, on-brand social posts to promote CapRadio
- Manage calendar of social content
- Pull reports from social platforms
- Update media contacts
- Assist with ongoing events
- Other duties as assigned
Interns must be students. Candidates should be able to work up to 16 hours per week and be available some weekends or evenings. Internships approximately run the duration of one semester.
To apply for an internship, submit the following items to Capital Public Radio.
Your cover letter should include:
- What internship opportunity you are applying for.
- The name of your college or school.
- Your graduate or undergraduate academic major and/or minor.
In addition, please include your responses to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in an internship at Capital Public Radio?
- How do your relevant classes and work experience relate to the internship position you are applying for?
- What do you hope to gain from your internship?
- What can Capital Public Radio hope to gain from you?
- How do you plan to use the skills you develop at Capital Public Radio in the future?
Please provide a current resume.
Supporting Material (optional)
Please supply any relevant supporting materials such as writing samples or audio samples if required.
Submitting Your Application
Submit cover letter, resume and any required supporting materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95826