Posted: February 15, 2018
LOOKING FOR INTERNS WHO SET THE STANDARD
Capital Public Radio, the NPR affiliate in Sacramento, California is looking for inspired, multi-tasking go-getters who are eager to join our news team.
As an intern, you are an integral part of the news team and work under the direction of the Managing Editor. You will be stepping into a highly productive newsroom. Our reporters and producers are consistently recognized and awarded for excellence in reporting and broadcasting. We are very proud to have past interns on our current staff.
As a Production Intern you will be expected to have some previous experience in reporting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- professional competency in written and spoken English
- clear understanding of writing for broadcast
- familiarity with social media
- ability to work efficiently on strict, tight deadline
- professional phone and interpersonal skills
- assists in the function of the newsroom including, but not limited to, answering phones, proof-reading copy, researching and pitching stories
- Our interns must be students, working for credit. Internships run approximately a semester and we require at least 2 days/16 hours per week.
To apply, please submit cover, letter, resume, and supporting materials.
1. Cover Letter
Your cover letter must include:
- The name of your college or school.
- The specific internship to which you are applying.
- Your graduate or undergraduate academic area(s) of study.
- Name and contact information of your academic or internship advisor.
In addition, please include responses to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in an internship at Capital Public Radio?
- How do your classes and work experience relate to the internship position you are applying for?
- What do you hope to gain from your internship?
- What can Capital Public Radio hope to gain from you?
- How do you plan to use the skills you develop at Capital Public Radio in the future?
- What can Capital Public Radio’s documentary team hope to gain from you?
2. Please provide a current resume.
3. Supporting Material (optional)
Please supply any relevant supporting materials such as writing samples or audio samples if required.
Submitting Your Application
Submit cover letter, resume and any required supporting materials to:
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95826