Director of Marketing
Posted: November 17, 2017
Department: Development & Marketing
Status: Full Time; Non- Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
Capital Public Radio is seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Marketing. This is an extraordinary opportunity to work in a creative environment in one of the most vibrant and beautiful parts of the country, Northern California. As an industry leader in public radio, we work to inform and empower our listeners through excellent storytelling and community engagement. Together, we build an epic workplace where anything is possible. We embrace change and encourage innovation. We bring our passion and have fun. Above all, our audience comes first.
The Director of Marketing manages all activities related to Capital Public Radio’s marketing and community relations efforts. This position acts as a liaison to the communities in our coverage area with the dual goal of growing our audience and attracting support from our members. As a key member of the CapRadio team, this person plays a significant role in achieving our strategic goals and objectives with an “anything is possible” attitude.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, chiropractic and acupuncture insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Group Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible Vacation
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Flexible spending plan for health and dependent care
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create a marketing program that leverages CapRadio’s considerable reach to meet our goals for audience growth and member support.
- Maintain CapRadio’s brand to reflect the indispensable role we play in the lives of audience members across all platforms, throughout our coverage area.
- Prioritize Community Relations efforts to match our overarching strategic goals.
- Support the Development effort by acting as a thought partner and resource to the team
- Monitor and report progress and participate in conducting awareness research to pinpoint opportunities for growth.
- Oversee the development of the marketing budget and monitor monthly expenses vs. budget.
- Participate in the fund drive effort from a marketing perspective in ways that grow members and reinforce our brand.
Essential skills and experience
- Multi-platform marketing management
- Budgeting skills
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 6 years’ experience in communications, marketing, media management, with experience in community relations preferred
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and demands
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency including Microsoft Office products - Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including writing and public speaking
- Minimum two years successful experience in managing and motivating staff and/or volunteers
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer