Director of Development and Marketing
Posted: August 14, 2017
Department: Development & Marketing
Status: Full Time; Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
Capital Public Radio is seeking an experienced and dynamic Director of Development & Marketing. This is an extraordinary opportunity to work in a creative environment in one of the most fascinating and beautiful parts of the country, Northern California. As an organization, we believe that audience comes first and that anything is possible. We embrace change and encourage innovation while building an epic workplace. Together, we bring our passion and have fun.
As the Director of Development & Marketing, you will be the front-line fundraiser responsible for developing strategies to secure annual, planned giving, and donor directed gifts. You personally manage and develop a prospect portfolio aimed at significantly increasing major gift support at CapRadio. In addition, you will help to build and manage CapRadio’s brand and all aspects of marketing communications in order to raise the awareness of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop comprehensive fundraising and marketing plans and objectives in conjunction with the Executive Team with targeted goals, quantifiable outcomes, and timelines.
- Prepare budgets and effectively manage financial, staff and personal resources to achieve these goals and objectives
- Writes, submits, and secures general operating and capacity building grants. Writes and submits the associated grant reports.
- Investigates, researches, and pursues program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend CapRadio’s brand and increase avenues of support.
- Plan, supervise, and grow CapRadio’s individual giving programs, including on-air fund raising, direct mail, and telemarketing campaigns.
- Manage major gifts and planned giving programs, including identification of prospects, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
- Collaborate across departments to brand and promote on-air personalities, programs, series, events, and notable achievements across multiple platforms. Creates unified messaging that connects on-air, direct mail, social media, telemarketing and other fundraising campaigns and activities.
- Manage and grow CapRadio’s affinity programs that currently include: CapRadio Reads and CapRadio Travels.
- Directs the creation, production, and distribution of all marketing materials such as press releases, newsletters, and publications (print and digital) and ensures the consistent use of all print and electronic branding assets such as letterhead and logos. Updates style guide as needed.
- Strategically selects sponsorship opportunities and community outreach events that elevate CapRadio’s profile and brand awareness.
- Work with the CEO and Capital Public Radio Endowment Board of Directors Chair to develop strategies and programs to enhance the stations’ endowment fund.
- Work with Board of Director’s Development Committee to review, monitor and assess fund raising programs, and identify meaningful ways for Board members to participate in revenue-generating activities.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Minimum five years proven and measurable experience in developing and implementing a wide variety of fundraising and/or marketing programs for non-profit organization
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Major gifts solicitation experience
- Knowledge of the Sacramento regional community and culture
- Commitment to CapRadio’s core values
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer