Posted: August 16, 2016
Capital Public Radio seeks a motivated Marketing Intern to assist the Director of Marketing and PR with event management, writing, creative brainstorming and volunteer management, all while learning the basics of radio marketing. The work done by the intern will contribute directly to the growth of Capital Public Radio’s audience. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about basic communications, planning, execution, and evaluation.
- Computer Skills: Familiar with Word, social media, basic graphic design
- Experience making phone calls to business professionals
- Assist with volunteer training
- Lead station tours
- Update website
- Create digital assets and participate in social media campaigns
- Help with ongoing events
- Manage database and contact lists
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidates should be able to work up to 20 hours per week and be available some weekends or evenings
To apply for an internship, submit the following items to Capital Public Radio. Interviews for finalists will be set up after these materials are received.
Your cover letter should include:
- What internship opportunity you are applying for.
- The name of your college or school.
- Your graduate or undergraduate academic major and/or minor.
- Name and contact information of your academic or internship advisor.
In addition please include your responses to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in an internship at Capital Public Radio?
- How do your relevant classes and work experience relate to the internship position you are applying for?
- What do you hope to gain from your internship?
- What can Capital Public Radio hope to gain from you?
- How do you plan to use the skills you develop at Capital Public Radio in the future?
Please provide a current resume.
Supporting Material (optional)
Please supply any relevant supporting materials such as writing samples or audio samples if required.
Submitting Your Application
Submit cover letter, resume and any required supporting materials to:
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95826