Posted: April 26, 2016
Department: News and Information
End Date: Open Until Filled
We are hiring for the position of Producer, Insight. This is an extraordinary opportunity to work in a creative environment in one of the most fascinating and beautiful parts of the country, Northern California. In addition, Sacramento has been cited as one of the most diverse and integrated communities in the nation. As an organization we believe that audience comes first and that anything is possible. We embrace change and encourage innovation while building an epic workplace. Together, we bring our passion and have fun.
As the Producer for Insight, you play a key role in managing the entire production process for the show on broadcast and digital platforms. You have solid news judgment and an ear for sound; you generate original ideas, identify suitable topics from others, and carry out thorough research. You are responsible for providing continuity and redundancy for show functions. You also lead the Insight team when the Senior Producer is away.
- Assists in all aspects of the production of the daily show including working with studio guests, telephone guests, produced elements and breaking news inserts.
- Works with the Senior Producer and Host in creating, selecting and researching topics for programs.
- Stays fully versed in current events, from regional to international and suggests ways to connect the dots between the two.
- Writes and produces promos and scripts.
- Works with the Senior Producer and Host in selecting and pre-interviewing guests.
- Fills in for Senior Producer when needed
- Directs the daily, live show.
- Assists with setup and production of live, remote broadcasts.
- Interacts with News staff and identifies ways to connect Insight to the rest of the Content Department and the station.
- Works with Digital team to update Insight web page and digital platforms, including social media
- A four-year degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum three years full-time professional experience in radio news, preferably in a live talk show environment.
- Highly computer literate including excellent skills with Microsoft Windows operating system, Microsoft Office and audio editing software, such as Adobe Audition or Pro Tools
- Familiarity with public radio news programming a must. Previous public radio experience desired.
- Excellent news judgment and ability to conceive and shape topics.
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills.
- Detail oriented, able to meet daily deadlines, and deals effectively with multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A sense of humor.
Submit cover letter, resume and examples of your work to:
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.