Account Executive-Corporate Underwriting
Posted: January 17, 2014
Title: Sales – Corporate Underwriting
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Posting Date: January 15th, 2014
End Date: Open Until Filled
Underwriting support represents a significant contribution to the revenue for Capital Public Radio. Our underwriting partners support Capital Public Radio because of the shared belief in the News, Programs and content provided as well as for the opportunity to reach a large audience of educated, affluent listeners.
The underwriting account executive needs to thoroughly embrace the culture and ethos of the both the Capital Public Radio audience as well as have an affinity for the companies that support Capital Public Radio.
The underwriting account executive must thrive in a performance-based, goal-driven sales environment. Independently manage their time between selling and non-selling activities.
The Corporate Underwriting position is 100% commission and requires the candidate to be organized, confident and have a successful track record in a performance based selling environment.
Required Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience in public broadcasting, media or non-profit development
- Responsible for soliciting and selling underwriting on all Capital Public Radio properties including digital assets.
- Responsible for exceeding sales goals and effectively managing a book of business
- Responsible for all aspects and tasks required of the underwriting position, (Presentation development, order entry, underwriting copy, collections and billing)
- Responsible for creating strong long-term working relationships with clients based on good follow-through and service.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proven track record of successfully achieving sales revenue goals.
- Persuasive communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented and goal focused.
Submit cover letter, resume, and reference list and compensation requirements to:
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95826
Fax 916-278-8989 Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer