The View from Here (TVFH) is California Based multimedia documentary series exploring the stories of people responding to challenges in their lives, and the challenges of our times. It highlights people seeking solutions and making a difference in their communities. TVFH combines solid journalism with sound-rich production to tell vivid, first-person stories.
FUNCTION: To assist with the daily production of TVFH documentary.
Reports to the Senior Producer of The View From Here Documentary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Intern works with Senior Producer to research documentary topics, summarize findings for reporters and producers, compile and manage data, remote statewide program distribution via phone, curate Twitter feed, assist with other social marketing tasks. Opportunities include assisting reporters and producers with field audio and video recordings, observing daily news and talk show operations.
Desired Outcome: By the end of the internship, the student will have a full understanding of how a daily, live news and information program is produced and will learn about the functions of a major market news department.
QUALIFICATIONS:Good written and oral communication skills. Familiarity with PC, Excel, Word, Twitter, and Google Drive is must. Able to work on long term projects with supervision. Able to work in a busy, sometimes noisy, newsroom environment.
Interns are required to devote a minimum of 5 hrs per week.
To apply for an internship, submit the following items to Capital Public Radio. Interviews for finalists will be set up after these materials are received.
Your cover letter should include:
What internship opportunity you are applying for.
- The name of your college or school.
- Your graduate or undergraduate academic major and/or minor.
- Name and contact information of your academic or internship advisor.
In addition please include your responses to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in an internship at Capital Public Radio?
- How do your relevant classes and work experience relate to the internship position you are applying for?
- What do you hope to gain from your internship?
- What can Capital Public Radio hope to gain from you?
- How do you plan to use the skills you develop at Capital Public Radio in the future?
Please provide a current resume.
Please supply any relevant supporting materials such as writing samples or audio samples if required.
Submitting Your Application
Submit cover letter, resume and any required supporting material to:
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95826