Capital Public Radio seeks bright, dynamic and motivated interns who want to gain hands-on, resume-building experience in marketing. Interns will provide support to marketing department including event management, web editing and writing. After successful completion of the internship, the student will receive a stipend.
FUNCTION: To provide support to marketing department including event management, web editing and writing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Interns will be expected to organize and write Public Service Announcements, write press releases regarding station events and special programs, update the website, help with ongoing events, update our media list, and other duties as assigned.
DESIRED OUTCOME: The work done by the intern will contribute directly to the growth of Capital Public Radio’s audience. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about basic communications planning, execution and evaluation.
QUALIFICATIONS: Computer Skills: Familiar with Word, Excel, Microsoft Access and web editing. Experience making phone calls to business professionals.
OTHER REQUIRENMENTS: Candidates should be able to work up to 10 hours per week and be available some weekends or evenings. Interns are required to be current students, and be able to get educational credit for this internship.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To apply for an internship, submit the following items to Capital Public Radio. Interviews for finalists will be set up after these materials are received.
Your cover letter should include:
What internship opportunity you are applying for.
- The name of your college or school.
- Your graduate or undergraduate academic major and/or minor.
- Name and contact information of your academic or internship advisor.
In addition please include your responses to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in an internship at Capital Public Radio?
- How do your relevant classes and work experience relate to the internship position you are applying for?
- What do you hope to gain from your internship?
- What can Capital Public Radio hope to gain from you?
- How do you plan to use the skills you develop at Capital Public Radio in the future?
Please provide a current resume.
Supporting Material (optional)
Please supply any relevant supporting materials such as writing samples or audio samples if required.
Submitting Your Application
Submit cover letter, resume and any required supporting material to:
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95826