In this week’s News Network, the Sacramento Bee’s Metropolitan Reporter Ryan Lillis joins us on the heels of a Sacramento meeting between NBA star Michael Jordan and NBA star-turned-Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson. Plus, new plans show that the new downtown sports and entertainment complex will be one of the smallest NBA arenas in the country, with less than 200 seats more than the old arena. And some people are worried VIP packages will make leave fewer general admission seats than the current arena. And in non-basketball related news, Sacramento police will have to start paying into their pensions for the first time, but they’ll get a raise.
- New Kings Arena Will Be NBA's Smallest
- Editorial: Don't Price Out Fans
- Arbitrator Rules Sacramento Police Must Pay Part Of Their Pensions
- Sacramento: Look Up And See The Birdhouses
- Sacramento Faces History Of Support For Japanese Internment