Account Executive - Corporate Underwriting
Title: Account Executive - Corporate Underwriting
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Posting Date: November 30th, 2012
End Date: Open Until Filled
Underwriting support represents a significant contribution to the revenue for Capital Public Radio. Our underwriting partners support Capital Public Radio because of the shared belief in the News, Programs and content provided as well as the opportunity to reach a large audience of educated, affluent listeners.
The underwriting account executive needs to thoroughly embrace the culture and ethos of the both the Capital Public Radio audience as well as have an affinity for the companies that support Capital Public Radio.
The Corporate Underwriting position is 100% commission and requires the candidate to be organized, confident and have a successful track record in a performance based selling environment.
Required Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience in public broadcasting, media or non-profit development
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proven track record of successfully achieving sales revenue goals
- Proven track record of developing new business as well as success in management of an existing account base
- Persuasive communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A curious mind, a team player, energetic and a strong presence.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented and goal focused.
- Responsible for soliciting and selling underwriting on all Capital Public Radio properties including digital assets.
- Responsible for exceeding sales goals and effectively managing a book of business
- Responsible for planning comprehensive campaigns for underwriting partners utilizing all sales tools clients using the qualitative and quantitative research provided based on their client's target market and budget.
- Responsible for all aspects and tasks required of the underwriting position, (order entry, underwriting copy, collections and billing
- Responsible for creating strong long-term working relationships with clients based on good follow-through and service.
Submit cover letter, resume, and reference list and compensation requirements to:
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer