Find out why you should intern at Capital Public Radio
Click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbRHzQi3NtE
The View from Here (TVFH) is a California-based multimedia documentary series exploring first-person stories of people coping with change and responding to the challenges of our times. It highlights people seeking solutions and making a difference in their communities. The solid journalism and sound-rich production of TVFH has garnered regional and national recognition.
Learn more at http://theviewfromhere.org
FUNCTION: Intern will assist the TVFH documentary team in its daily operations.
DUTIES: Intern reports to the Senior Producer. Typical duties are: to research documentary topics, summarize findings for reporters and producers, compile and manage data, conduct remote statewide program distribution via phone, curate social media activities. Also works with Community Engagement Specialist to develop and implement community partnerships and engagement activities. Opportunities include audio and video production and editing, audio and video recording in the field, observing CapRadio daily news and talk show operations.
GOALS: By the end of the internship, the student will have a more complete understanding of how a multimedia documentary program is produced and will learn about the functions of a major market news department.
QUALIFICATIONS: Very good written and oral communication skills. Familiarity with PC, Excel, Word, FaceBook, Twitter, and Google Drive is a must. Able to work on long term projects with some supervision. Able to work in a busy, sometimes noisy, newsroom environment.
Do you have what it takes to be part of TVFH team? Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbRHzQi3NtE
REQUIREMENTS Intern must be enrolled for credit as an undergraduate or graduate student. The internship requires a minimum of 10 hrs per week. (This is equivalent to 2 credits.)
Submit the following items to Capital Public Radio. Interviews for finalists will be set up after these materials are received.
1. Cover Letter
Your cover letter for TVFH internship must include:
- The name of your college or school.
- Your graduate or undergraduate academic major and/or minor.
- Name and contact information of your academic or internship advisor.
Please answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in an internship at Capital Public Radio?
- How do your relevant classes and work experience relate to the internship position you are applying for?
- What do you hope to gain from your internship?
- What can Capital Public Radio’s documentary team hope to gain from you?
- How do you plan to use the skills you develop at Capital Public Radio in the future?
- Please provide a current resume.
3. Supporting Material
- Please attach electronic files or links to writing samples of news reports, blogs or essays and multimedia samples of audio or video production. Be sure to state your role in all samples.
Submit cover letter, resume and supporting material to:
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95826